Wednesday, September 26, 2007

So far, so good

My first day as a non smoker. Not too bad so far. The patch is a little itchy and burny. I was concerned, but apparently, this is normal. How ironic that I have been inhaling nicotine for so many years, yet I am nervous about a bandaid with a little nicotine on it that is stuck on my arm. Ridiculous.

I wouldn't say that I am dying for a cigarette, but I would like one. It is kind of like I am hungry for something, but don't know what it is I want. I am doing good things for my body already though. Did you know that once you quit smoking:

In 20 minutes your blood pressure will drop back down to normal.

In 8 hours the carbon monoxide (a toxic gas) levels in your blood stream will drop by half, and oxygen levels will return to normal.

In 48 hours your chance of having a heart attack will have decreased. All nicotine will have left your body. Your sense of taste and smell will return to a normal level.

In 72 hours your bronchial tubes will relax, and your energy levels will increase.

This is from https://www.healthforums.com/library/1,1258,article~8641,00.html.

Not too shabby!

I am off to eat some delicious fondue at the melting pot. Cheese, chocolate and wine. Yum yum yum.

No comments: