Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thunder thighs

I was told when I met with my smoking cessation counselor that 1/3 of people gain weight when they quit smoking, 1/3 stay the same and 1/3 lose weight. I had a 66 and 2/3% chance of being lucky. Didn't work for me. Guess which 1/3 of the population I am in. Yep. I'm a gainer.

I am an eating machine and it is making me grumpy.

My fat clothes are now tight. Boo hoo.

So I have been in a pretty blah mood for several weeks now. I keep saying I am going to be healthy, but I haven't taken the plunge yet. And then I ate two donuts today. I'm thinking about making a voodoo doll of the coworker who brought them in....

I'm hoping that if I blog about it, I will maybe take action?? Keep your fingers crossed and send some good vibes my way. And if anyone has some tips, please feel free to share.

Here is my plan: eat less, exercise more. Brilliant, isn't it? I will keep you updated as to how this experimental diet works.

Oh. And pray for my husband who has been on the receiving end of some nasty fits and breakdowns. Poor guy.

No comments: