Thursday, January 31, 2008

Breaking News

Sonic is real. I repeat, Sonic is real.



I was driving with Marty, his nephew and his nephew's girlfriend when all of our heads turned and we all gasped simultaneously. There, on the side of the road as we're driving to a Christening, is a Sonic.


I felt like we uncovered Amelia Earhart and she was holding the Holy Grail. We see the commercials all the time. Everything sounds so delicious. Never ever in my life until that moment had I see a Sonic though. The group of us spent hours talking about how we were going to go to Sonic on our way home. I really love to eat so I did not stop thinking about it. And then there we were:


Look at the excitement!



You can practically feel it just from looking at the pictures, can't you?




Many things make sense to me now. When I see the commercial, I always think that the people are in line at the drive thru. NOT SO. There is NO inside at Sonic! It's like a fast food station. You drive into a spot like a gas station and order your food. And then the nice Sonic worker (one brave girl was even wearing rollerskates) brings your food to your car. There are trays that hang from your car window. You can order TOTS instead of fries. That's right. I said TOTS. They serve breakfast ALL DAY. None of this "you can't get breakfast, it's one minute after 10:30 am" at Sonic.

The only thing that sucks about Sonic? The closest one to my house is 75 miles from me. The closest one to anyone who lives North of me? The same Sonic. Apparently they advertise nationally, but don't have a whole lot of locations in the Northeast. I even looked into opening my own franchise (you know, with the $2.3 million I have just lying around), but my area is not available for franchising. So, I guess I'll just have to take a road trip when I need my fix. I RECOMMEND IT.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The same thing always happened to me...the commercials...the hunger...the absence of a sonic. I broke my sonic virginity in Florida 2 years ago in Daytona and have been one other time in Jacksonville. I did pass by the one in Lancaster PA. I am up for a roadtrip there anytime.

Anonymous said...

Those red X's are awesome!! Did you get a cherry lime slushie?

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed my Sonic burger ... but for some reason I expected more.

Maybe I have to go again.