Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Answers to last week's trivia

The past week my mean husband has had me chained to a keyboard typing papers for him. I am very very excited for the semester to be over. I would love to put all the slacker blame on him, but it's not all his fault. I was going to post the trivia answers on Sunday, but on Saturday night I went to a fabulous holiday party and drank so much champagne that I had to stay in bed until Monday evening. And now here we are. For those of you who saw me in my drunken state on Saturday, I know you forgive me the late answers because I entertained you all with my ridiculous behavior. For those of you who didn't see me, forgive me anyway because I was that ridiculous. So at last! Here they are:

1. Why does Scott Calvin (Tim Allen) take over Santa’s duties in “The Santa Clause”?
a. There was an accident

2. Which famous actress played a little girl who didn’t believe in Santa in “Miracle on 34th Street”?
c. Natalie Wood

3. “Elf” What are the four major food groups?
d. Candy cane, candy, candy corn & syrup

4. “Elf” In the department store, what did Buddy make the snow out of?
b. Pillow stuffing

5. “It’s a Wonderful Life” What movie is playing at the movie house as George runs down the street in Bedford Falls?
a. The Bells of St. Mary’s

6. “It’s a Wonderful Life” What are the cop and the cab driver’s names in the
c. Bert & Ernie

7. “Christmas Vacation” What is Rusty watching when his grandparents arrive?
b. It’s a Wonderful Life

8. “Christmas Vacation” When the Grizwalds go into the woods to find their Christmas Tree, what happens?
b. Clark forgets a saw

9. “A Christmas Story” At first, Ralphie’s dad thought that his major award might be this.
d. The deed to a bowling alley

10. “A Christmas Story” Ralphie and his family lived on what street?
b. Cleveland Street

11. “Charlie Brown Christmas” What kind of tree did Lucy tell Charlie Brown to get?
c. Aluminum

12. “Charlie Brown Christmas” Who does not appear in the movie?
a. Peppermint Patty

13. “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” What is the name of the Grinch’s dog?
c. Max

14. “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” How many sizes too small was the Grinch’s heart?
b. 2

15. “Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer” Who was the misfit elf’
a. Hermey

16. “Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer” What was the name of the misfit toy that looked like a Jack in the box?
Charlie

17. “Frosty the Snowman” What was the name of the rabbit?
b. Hocus Pocus

18. “Frosty the Snowman” What were Frosty’s first words when he came alive?
Happy Birthday!

19. “Scrooged” What does Grace give James for Christmas, saying it is from Frank?
d. A VCR

20. “Scrooged” When the crew can’t get the antlers onto the mouse’s head, what does Frank tell them to do?
c. Staple them


The big results:

Maria got 7 out of 20. She does not approve of cheerful, heartwarming holiday movies. In her spare time, Maria likes to club baby seals and knock over old ladies. Just kiddin' Maria!

Christen and Mary tied at 10 out of 20. If you have not seen It's a Wonderful Life and you are looking for an excuse to cry your eyes out with tears of joy, please watch it. This is in my top 5 all time favorite movies.

Janna takes third place with 12/20. Way to go. Watch out regulars. Janna strikes me as someone who will be out to win and I predict victory soon for her.

Three cheers for Joe Mc in second place with 13/20. Nobody wants to play with a Charlie in the Box, Rudolph...

My older, wiser sister breezes in for Trivia Thursday for the first time ever and what does she do? She wins. Ann Marie got 15 out of 20 and wins this week. Way to go. You better play again biatch!

Thanks for playing everybody.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You punched your friend's husband in the face for a dollar. Trivia answers can wait.

Anonymous said...

Hi I'd like to congratulate you for such a terrific made forum!
I was sure this is a nice way to introduce myself!

Sincerely,
Laurence Todd
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/cat-in-the-hat-party-supplies.html]cat in the hat Party Supplies[/url].

Anonymous said...

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike

Anonymous said...

Hello everybody!

My name is Eva, I live in Scottsdale, AZ.

I am here to network / interact with other people for sharing knowledge, discussing ideas, seeking advice, find business partners & the like.

Regards,
Eva