Friday, December 14, 2007

Answers to Yesterday's Movie Quotes

I am so on the ball this week. I am posting these early because we are done in the office early for our holiday party. Fun. For those of you who may not have noticed, you can now vote for the next trivia topic right in the right hand corner of the blog.

The Answers:

1. "Oh, stewardess? I speak Jive..." "Oh, good."

Airplane

2. “There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. Not because I'm in here, or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then: a young, stupid kid who committed that terrible crime. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone and this old man is all that's left. I got to live with that. Rehabilitated? It's just a bullshit word. So you go on and stamp your form, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a shit.”

The Shawshank Redemption. Such a good movie. Red said this at his final parole hearing.

3. “Donger's here for five hours, and he's got somebody. I live here my whole life, and I'm like a disease.”

Sixteen Candles. Donger is Long Duck Dong.

4. “I had the most absurd nightmare. I was poor and no one liked me. I lost my job, I lost my house, Penelope hated me and it was all because of this terrible, awful Negro.”

Trading Places. Eddie Murphy always makes me laugh.

5. "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this." "I was thinkin' the same thing. That John Denver's fulla shit, man."

Dumb and Dumber

6. “We started this magazine, 'American Bitch'. It's a focus on the issues of the lesbian pure bred dog owner.”

Best in Show

7. “You want to explain the math of this to me? I mean, where's the sense in risking the lives of the eight of us to save one guy?”

Saving Private Ryan

8. “Get some rest and don't worry. I've been working undercover for a long time. They're six-year-olds. How much trouble can they be?”

Kindergarten Cop. My other favorite from this movie is "It's not a tumor."

9. "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K, Ted."

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure


10. "Miss Stoger, my plastic surgeon doesn't want me doing any activity where balls fly at my nose." "Well there goes your social life."

Clueless

11. "My God, Vanessa's got a fabulous body. And I bet she shags like a minx!"

Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

12. "Greetings and salutations. Are you a Heather?" "No. I'm a Veronica."

Heathers. I looooved Christian Slater.

13. "I'm in love with you." "I am so in love with you." "Hey Robbie, that wasn't a bad song, you know, I'm gonna tell those record company guys about you." "Mind if I give her a kiss first?" "Oh yeah, do what you gotta do."

Wedding Singer

14. "I will not rest until I have you holding a Coke, wearing your own shoe, playing a Sega game featuring you, while singing your own song in a new commercial starring you, broadcast during the Super Bowl, in a game that you are winning."

Jerry Maguire

15. "Who do you think I am?" "Are you sure this isn't a test?" "No, this is not a test." "You're Mr. Durden."

Fight Club

16. “She wanted me to tell you she saw you dance. She said, when you were little, you and her had a fight, right before your dance recital. You thought she didn't come see you dance. She did. She hid in the back so you wouldn't see. She said you were like an angel. She said you came to the place where they buried her. Asked her a question? She said the answer is...”Every day." What did you ask?”

The Sixth Sense

17. "I did not come to medical school to murder my classmates, no matter how deranged they might be."

Flatliners. NOBODY got this. I thought it was an easy one. I think you would all suck at 6 degrees of kevin bacon. Julia Robers, Kiefer Sutherland and a Baldwin are in this movie.

18. "That seems like an awful lot of speed to give one little pooch! Are you sure it won't kill him?" "I never said that."

Something About Mary

19. “The price is wrong, bitch.”

Happy Gilmore

20. "You're so -- you're so money, and you don't even know it."

Swingers

Kat and Janna both got 9 out of 20 correct. They both said that they would suck at this and they were right. BUT Kat gets credit again for making me laugh with her answers. No blank spaces for her! "You're so money" is not from High School Musical, Kat!!

Abbie put in a good showing with 16 out of 20. And yes I did give her credit for "some 80's movie directed by John Hughes" for Sixteen Candles. Practically the same thing, right?

Rated R came in 4th place with 17 out of 20. Heathers was really a chick flick, Ryan. Sorry about that.

Marty came in 3rd place with 18 out of 20. Nice of him to show up, huh? Good job.

TT AND MARY S KNOW THEIR MOVIES. They both got 19 out of 20. They only missed Flatliners, which nobody got. Practically perfect. Mary's back at the top. TT, I am very proud. This was your best Trivia yet. You girls must both like the same movies that I do.

Thanks for playing everyone.

No comments: