Thursday, December 13, 2007

Trivia Thursday MOVIE QUOTES

It is once again Trivia Thursday. I will post a new set of trivia questions every Thursday. The rules are simple. Please put your answers in the comments section of the post and I will reveal the answers tomorrow. No Cheating! I trust that all of you will all use the honor system? That means you will not use Google, (or any other internet searches) or mooch off other peoples answers. Cheating is BAD. If your employer has somehow made it impossible for you to post comments (bastards), you may also email me your answers to me at MCnMarty@hotmail.com.

You asked for it and here it is: Movie quotes trivia. I will give you the movie quotes and you give me the movies. There's some hard ones, but there are several clues in the quotes. Good luck.


1. "Oh, stewardess? I speak Jive..." "Oh, good."


2. “There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. Not because I'm in here, or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then: a young, stupid kid who committed that terrible crime. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone and this old man is all that's left. I got to live with that. Rehabilitated? It's just a bullshit word. So you go on and stamp your form, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a shit.”



3. “Donger's here for five hours, and he's got somebody. I live here my whole life, and I'm like a disease.”


4. “I had the most absurd nightmare. I was poor and no one liked me. I lost my job, I lost my house, Penelope hated me and it was all because of this terrible, awful Negro.”


5. "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this." "I was thinkin' the same thing. That John Denver's fulla shit, man."


6. “We started this magazine, 'American Bitch'. It's a focus on the issues of the lesbian pure bred dog owner.”


7. “You want to explain the math of this to me? I mean, where's the sense in risking the lives of the eight of us to save one guy?”


8. “Get some rest and don't worry. I've been working undercover for a long time. They're six-year-olds. How much trouble can they be?”


9. "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K, Ted."


10. "Miss Stoger, my plastic surgeon doesn't want me doing any activity where balls fly at my nose." "Well there goes your social life."


11. "My God, Vanessa's got a fabulous body. And I bet she shags like a minx!"


12. "Greetings and salutations. Are you a Heather?" "No. I'm a Veronica."


13. "I'm in love with you." "I am so in love with you." "Hey Robbie, that wasn't a bad song, you know, I'm gonna tell those record company guys about you." "Mind if I give her a kiss first?" "Oh yeah, do what you gotta do."


14. "I will not rest until I have you holding a Coke, wearing your own shoe, playing a Sega game featuring you, while singing your own song in a new commercial starring you, broadcast during the Super Bowl, in a game that you are winning."


15. "Who do you think I am?" "Are you sure this isn't a test?" "No, this is not a test." "You're Mr. Durden."


16. “She wanted me to tell you she saw you dance. She said, when you were little, you and her had a fight, right before your dance recital. You thought she didn't come see you dance. She did. She hid in the back so you wouldn't see. She said you were like an angel. She said you came to the place where they buried her. Asked her a question? She said the answer is...”Every day." What did you ask?”


17. "I did not come to medical school to murder my classmates, no matter how deranged they might be."


18. "That seems like an awful lot of speed to give one little pooch! Are you sure it won't kill him?" "I never said that."


19. “The price is wrong, bitch.”


20. "You're so -- you're so money, and you don't even know it."

8 comments:

Curiosity Saved the Kat said...

Warning: I will suck at this. So badly it will make you laugh.

1. Pulp Fiction

2. Pursuit of Happyness

3. ummm ...

4. South Park

5. Rocky Mountain High

6. Best in Show

7. Armageddon

8. That one with Vin Diesel...

9. Was there a Salute my Shorts movie I didn't know about?

10. Mean Girls?

11. One of the Austin Powers

12. The Heathers

13. Wedding Singer (woohoo, I know I got one right!)

14. Jerry Maguire

15. Fight Club

16. Sounds like Save the Last Dance, but I know I'm wrong... Sixth Sense?

17. Grey's Anatomy, the Movie.

18. Something about Mary

19. Happy Gilmore

20. High School Musical

Anonymous said...

I c&ped this into word, so I don't know how the formatting will look.

1. Airplane

2. Shawshank Redemption

3. Some 80’s movie directed by John Hughes that I never saw (I bet this is a technical correct answer)

4. Trading Places

5. "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this." "I was thinkin' the same thing. That John Denver's fulla shit, man."

6. Best in Show

7. Saving Private Ryan

8. Kindergarten Cop

9. "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K, Ted."

10. Clueless

11. Austin Powers

12. Heathers?

13. Wedding Singer

14. Jerry Maguire

15. Fight Club!!

16. “She wanted me to tell you she saw you dance. She said, when you were little, you and her had a fight, right before your dance recital. You thought she didn't come see you dance. She did. She hid in the back so you wouldn't see. She said you were like an angel. She said you came to the place where they buried her. Asked her a question? She said the answer is...”Every day." What did you ask?”

17. "I did not come to medical school to murder my classmates, no matter how deranged they might be."

18. There’s Something About Mary


19. Happy Gilmore

20. Swingers

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Kat is NOT good at this game.

Janna said...

Yeah, I suck.

1.

2.

3. Sixteen Candles

4.

5.

6. I think Janine Garafollo (sp?) said it but I don't remember the movie...

7.

8. Kindergarten Cop

9.

10. Clueless

11. Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

12. Heathers

13. The Wedding Singer

14.

15.

16. The Sixth Sense

17.

18. There's Something About Mary

19. Happy Gilmore

20.

Rated R said...

1.Airplane
2.Shawshank Redemption
3.16 Candles
4.Trading Places
5.Dumb and Dumber
6.Best in Show
7.Saving Prvt. Ryan
8.Kindergarten Cop
9.Bill and Teds Excellent
10.Clueless
11.Austin Powers (1)
12.?
13.Wedding Singer
14.Jerry Maguire?
15.Fight Club
16.Dirty Dancing?
17.?
18.Something about Mary
19.Happy Gilmore
20.Swingers

Anonymous said...

1-Airplane- The greatest old lady role ever!!!
2-Shawshank Redemption
3-16 Candles
4- Tading Places
5- Dumb and DUmber
6- Best in Show
7- Saving Private Ryan
8- Kindergarten Cop
9- Bill and Ted Excellent Adventure!!
10- Clueless
11- Austin Powers (first one)
12- Heathers
13- The wedding Singer
14- Jerry MaGuire
15-Fight Club
16- The Sixth Sense
17-
18- Something about MARY!
19- Happy Gilmore
20- Swingers

MaryS

Anonymous said...

I think this is my best week yet!

1. Airplane
2. Shawshank Redemption
3. Sixteen Candles
4. TRading Places
5. Dumb & Dumber – Kick his a** Seabass
6. Best in Show
7. Saving Private Ryan
8. Kindergarten Cop
9. Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure
10. Clueless!!!!
11. Austin Powers....oh behave!
12. Heathers
13. The Wedding Singer
14. Jerry Maguire – SHOW ME THE MONEY!!
15. Fight Club
16. The Sixth Sense
17. uhhhhh?
18. Something About Mary…it was just on the other day, otherwise I would’ve never got this
19. Happy Gilmore
20. Swingers – “You’re so money Mikey!!”

~TT

Anonymous said...

1 airplane
2 shawshank redemption
3 16 candles
4 trading places
5 dumb and dumber
6 best in show
7
8 kindergarten cop
9 bill and ted's excellent adventure
10 clueless
11 austin powers
12 heathers
13 wedding singer
14 jerry maguire
15 fight club
16 sixth sense
17
18 something about mary
19 happy gilmore
20 swingers