Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Talented family

The Star Ledger just named my nephew the lacrosse player of the week. The entire article can be found here, but I will copy and paste it as well:

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Rich Dupras, Immaculata Senior midfielder, 6-0, 175

Just the stats:

He scored the last five goals of the game, including three in the final 1:30 of regulation and the game winner 1:24 into overtime, in a 15-14 victory over Morristown-Beard last Wednesday. Dupras followed two days later with an eight-goal, four-assist performance in a 13-5 victory over Glen Ridge. During a timeout with 5:30 left and his team down, 13-7, against Morristown-Beard, Dupras proclaimed, "We still have a chance. We're not losing this one."


On his prediction: "I was pretty heated at the moment. I kind of opened my mouth, then figured I better do something about it."

Coach Tom Mott's words: "He stood in the huddle, said we weren't losing and he made it happen. I've never seen anything like that before."

On his eight-goal game: "I seemed to be in the right spot at the right time wherever I was on the field. That was the game of my life."

Other sports: He was a receiver and defensive back for Immaculata's successful football team.

Favorite sport: "Definitely lacrosse."

The spark: Started playing in first grade in the Hillsborough youth program that his father, also named Rich, helped establish.

Top influence: "Easily my dad. He was my first coach and he still coaches me from the sideline."

College plans: He will play at Stevens Tech in Hoboken, where he intends to study business technology.

Versatility: Dupras plays midfield and attack, faces off on occasion and even plays a long pole in man-down situations.

Toughest opponent: "Seems to be Hunterdon Central every year."

Favorite food: Macaroni and cheese.

Favorite movie: "The Wedding Crashers."

Favorite TV show: "Prison Break."

Favorite music: Hip hop and rap.

Favorite sport on TV: Giants football.

Favorite video game: "Call of Duty."

Three for dinner: Muhammad Ali, Michael Jordan and Jerry Rice.



Way to go Rich!! I'm very proud of you, as I know everyone else is. And I love the very intimidating picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I'd like to thank you for such a great quality site!
thought this is a perfect way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Monte Phil
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/batman-party-supplies.html]batman Party Supplies[/url].